I talked to my friend the other day.
She was bored, to the point of (in her words) “depression”.
She said my blog always felt so joyful, & she wanted to tap in.
I asked what little thing might make her laugh. She mentioned a board game. I said DO IT! It doesn’t have to be overly “silly” or take any more time than 2 seconds…but what would it be? What would float your boat? Mix up your day? Make you feel a little more alive?!
As I was thinking about it, these are some things that came through my mind:
- check out a bunch of Dr. Suess books from the library (no children required!)
- bat your lashes, really fast
- do something you did when you were kids, like build a fort, or have a “foot war”
- make Christmas cookies in April
- rent a sting of 80’s movies (bonus: get out those old posters of Molly Ringwald & Jon Bon Jovi, & slap them up on the wall!)
- spray yourself with a hose
- go to the beach
- dance a jig, at work
- quit the job you hate & sell flowers
- take a Chinese lit class in Mexico
- eat at the same place 3x in one day. Order the same thing. Make sure to use the same wait staff.
Just some food for thought.
Again – it’s gotta be what floats YOUR boat. Your own personal “soul requests” that are calling out to be lived!
Good luck & have fun!